Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm in love with my friend's CSA



Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is all the eco-rage lately. You basically pay for subscription fee to a farm and come pick up your share of the veggies once a week. A friend was out of town and had me stand in to pick up her veggies at the Brooklyn Red Shed Garden. CSAs always sounded good in theory to me, but this was my first first-hand experience. So fun! It's early in the season but they had multi-color radishes. And kale. And green garlic. And garlic rings. And lots of other green stuff. My friend said it's a culinary opportunity to use veggies you wouldn't normally get. Yum. I'm sold. I just have to wait another season until they're taking new subscriptions again. I'll just have to keep hangin' at my local farmer's market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The garlic rings (aka scapes) also make great bracelets, as Tiffany proved.