Friday, August 30, 2013

This dog has been upcycled!

Then


Now


It's been over 8 months since I rescued my wonder dog, Tomatilla, from an animal shelter. I didn't realize just how much this Pomeranian has changed since I first got her, until I started comparing photos from then and now. She certainly has grown in size and fluff over these short months. When I first rescued her, she was full grown and about 3 years old. At that time she weighed in at at 7 pounds. Now she's a whopping 9 pounds - still smaller than most cats. A 2 pound weight gain may not sound like much, but imagine if you gained 25% of your body weight in less than a year.

I'm proud to report that Tia is much healthier now, has a full coat of hair, and is just the sweetest thing ever. She loves belly rubs, attention, and she just adores any kind of treats. Part dog, part fox-y creature, this animal is a whole lotta love. I highly recommend a rescuing your own pet, and giving it a little bit of upcycled TLC.

Then


Now

2 comments:

Tricia said...

She certainly looks healthier (and happier) now!

WEndy said...

She looks beautiful! We have a rescued fluffball too, but he's a whopping 16 pounds. Congrats on being such a good dog person!